Women spend 85% of the world’s wealth, but we’re constantly being told to make unsustainable cuts to our budgets. I’m joined by Lisa Chastain, a personal finance coach with over 20 years of experience, to talk about her mission of embedding the human element into money and bringing personal finances from conceptual to conversational.
We discuss why budgets don’t really work, the most helpful thing you can do to create more financial freedom, and tools for rewiring your relationship with spending. We also get into how to tackle your student loans and what Lisa thinks about web3 trends like cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- The financial industry’s obsession with “cutting back”
- The difference between a fixed mindset versus a growth mindset
- The importance of investing for women
- What it looks like to set a new path forward with healthy money habits
- The problem with financial influencers who don’t have any formal financial training
- How to educate yourself on the future of investing
- Sign up for my new mini course called Money Metrics and use code LIVPOD at checkout: courses.dearliv.com
CONNECT WITH LISA
Follow Lisa: @savvymoneywithlisa
Learn more on her website: lisachastain.com
Listen to Real Money with Lisa Chastain
CONNECT WITH JEANETTE
Follow Dear Liv: @dearliv.app
Follow Jeanette: @ms.jeanetteschneider
Download the Dear Liv App!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download